The BVA and The Webinar Vet have joined forces to deliver a programme of free webinars.
According to both organisations, the programme will focus on policy issues shaping animal health and welfare and veterinary practice, including:
- the BVA’s animal welfare strategy
- antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- pedigree dog health and welfare
- supporting recent graduates
- feminisation of the profession
The series begins on Monday 14 March at 8pm, with BVA president Sean Wensley leading a discussion on the BVA’s animal welfare strategy.
Mr Wensley said: “Our recent member research revealed members are very keen to engage with policy issues and these free webinars are a great way to get involved.”
The programme is as follows:
- 14 March – The BVA’s animal welfare strategy (Mr Wensley)
- 18 April – bTB update (John Blackwell, BVA senior vice-president)
- 13 June – AMR update (Mr Blackwell)
- 8 August – Pedigree dog welfare: what more can the veterinary profession do? (Gudrun Ravetz, BVA junior vice-president)
- 10 October – Supporting recent graduates (Mr Wensley).
- 5 December – Workforce issues and feminisation of the profession (Mrs Ravetz)
Registration is necessary for the webinars and can be completed on The Webinar Vet’s website.