A horse health care and management app has been launched by Zoetis to help vets communicate more effectively with clients and improve patient compliance rates and loyalty.
HorseDialog can be tailored to reflect a practice’s branding, details and imagery, and marketed to clients as “a highly efficient way of managing their horse’s health and well-being”, the company said.
Direct veterinary input
Clients download the app from the Apple App or Google Play stores and login using details provided by their practice. They can then monitor their horse’s management and preventive care, with direct input from their vet to establish health care schedules, such as vaccinations, medication protocols and rehabilitation programmes.
The HorseDialog web dashboards enable:
- Remote, electronic engagement with horse owners through the HorseDialog mobile community.
- Segment communication based on the horses’ health status or condition.
- Performance tracking to improve medical outcomes.
- Creation of new health insights with enhanced VetSupport+ analytics.
- Improvement of the clinical value vets can produce.
HorseDialog’s care schedule allows horse owners to input key details about their horse’s personal routine. They can add the things they do daily or weekly for their horse – such as feeding, exercise, turnout and medication.
Sarah Godden, equine administrator at Endell Equine Hospital in Salisbury, said: “It allows us to view full details of day-to-day care, feeding and exercise routines, as entered by the owner – all useful information we may not otherwise be privy to. We have also improved compliance by keeping clients up to date with medication reminders.”