Staff at Marlow Vets in Chepstow, Monmouthshire took part in a sponsored run to help raise awareness of toxic shock syndrome (TSS).

They decided to act after the 14-year-old daughter of the practice receptionist died from the rare condition when she used a tampon for the first time.

The staff completed a 5km run at Tintern railway station in the Wye Valley.

Boss Glenn Marlow surprised himself by running the distance and coming in hard on the heels of the practice’s youngest assistant vet.

The team also held a coffee morning later in the week.

The symptoms of TSS include a sudden fever, vomiting, diarrhoea, a skin rash, muscle aches, dizziness and confusion.

View your activity >

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar

wpDiscuz