Ceva Animal Health has revealed the shortlist for its 2016 Animal Welfare Awards.
In addition to the scheduled seven categories, the judges have added an award in special recognition of an extraordinary act of animal welfare.
The awards serve to raise the profile of animal welfare around the world and within the veterinary industry.
Chris Laurence Vet of the Year Award
in association with Veterinary Times
- Heather Bacon – The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
- Kirsten Jackson – DentalVet
- Tim Partridge – Vale Wildlife Hospital
Farm Animal Welfare Award
in association with RABI and NADIS
- Jon Huxley & Martin Green (joint entry) – University of Nottingham Dairy Herd Health Group
- Ruth Clements – FAI Farms
Charity Professional of the Year
in association with PDSA
- David Yates – RSPCA, Greater Manchester
- William Fowlds – Wilderness Foundation
- Claire Sedgwick – Help the Street Animals of Morocco
Charity Team of the Year
in association with Your Cat and Your Dog
- Cat Population Control Group
- PDSA Community and Education Veterinary Nurses team
Volunteer of the Year Welfare Award
in association with Blue Cross
- John and Judith Morton – East Midlands Retired Greyhound Trust
- Jane Virot – National Animal Welfare Trust
- Lorraine Platt – Conservatives Against Fox Hunting
VN Times Welfare Nurse of the Year Award
- Jo Hinde – Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund
- Rachel Radwell – Wood Green
- Shakira Free-Miles – Royal Veterinary College, Beaumont Sainsbury Veterinary Hospital
International Cat Care Welfare Award
Sponsored by Agria Pet Insurance
International Cat Care will be choosing the winner from its extensive member base to be announced at the ceremony.
Ginette Bryant Corporate Communication manager of Ceva Animal Health comments: “Each year we are overwhelmed at the tales of extraordinary passion and commitment to animal welfare and the touching nominations that are submitted by friends, colleagues, students and clients from around the world.
“As always, the judges have struggled choosing between so many praiseworthy entries; this year they have decided to present one special additional award which will be announced at the ceremony on 6 April.”
All winners will be revealed at the ceremony in Birmingham, ahead of BSAVA Congress.
- For information on tickets and availability, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01494 781510.