Protexin Veterinary has announced the launch of Denamarin, a new liver supportsupplement for dogs and cats.
According to the company, Denamarin is the only such product containing pure, stabilisedS-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) and Silybin (extract of milk thistle) that:
- Is enterically coated
- To protect the SAMe from stomach acid and so to increase bioavailability
- To prevent degradation (oxidisation) of S,S-SAMe isomer to R,S-SAMe isomer – which may impair utilisation of the active isomer
- Comes in a tablet form for easy dosing
- Has Silybin complexed with phosphatidylcholine for 4x higher bioavailability
- Is extensively researched for proven effectiveness.
Jane McNae, international technical manager at Protexin Veterinary, said: “Denamarin has been very successful in the US in providing antioxidant support for dogs and cats with liver compromise, and we’re very pleased to be able to launch it to UK vets.”
Jonathan Sowler, Protexin Veterinary’s commercial director, added: “We launched Denamarin at BSAVA ’09 and are delighted with the positive response from vets.”