Rabbit experts from across the globe will be discussing medical and surgical topics during a series of specialist lectures at the London Vet Show (LVS) in November.
Supreme Petfoods marketing manager Claire Hamblion claimed the seminar series held at the show last year had been a resounding success.
She said: “The enthusiasm from delegates and speakers was really inspiring and was especially evident during the interactive sessions.
“We were thrilled to see the lecture theatres bursting at the seams with rabbit aficionados and after receiving such positive feedback, we’re excited to be able to extend the learning opportunity to even more delegates this year, with a similarly action-packed agenda and an even bigger seminar suite.”
Topics to be covered include:
- concepts in rabbit anaesthesia
- senior rabbit care
- respiratory disorders
- essential endoscopy techniques
The interactive discussions at the end of each session will provide an opportunity for the audience to have their questions answered by rabbit specialists, as well as share the experiences of other professionals and debate common dilemmas.
- Charly Pignon, head of the exotics medicine service at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vétérinaire d’Alfort in France
- Molly Varga, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons specialist in zoo and wildlife medicine
- Joanna Hedley, lecturer in exotic species and small mammal medicine and surgery at the Royal Veterinary College
- Paolo Selleri, director at a specialist exotic mammal clinic in Rome
Dr Pignon, who took part in last year’s seminar series, said: “It was such a great event last year – I really enjoyed getting the chance to discuss a topic I feel so passionately about and share my knowledge with other rabbit enthusiasts. The audience was really interactive, so I’m already looking forward to this year’s event.”
The Rabbit Season seminars start at the show at 1pm on November 21.