The veterinary profession is being urged to nominate colleagues for this year’s Ceva Animal Welfare Awards.
Vets, veterinary nurses, farming professionals, volunteers and charity workers who you think deserve recognition for their contributions to animal welfare, can all be put forward for consideration.
The deadline for nominations is 11 January 2016, after which a panel of industry professionals will judge entries.
A shortlist will be drawn and successful entrants will be invited to an awards ceremony, which will again be taking place at BSAVA Congress.
Building on a legacy
CEVA corporate communications and social responsibility manager Ginette Bryant hopes to build on the legacy of the previous awards in celebrating outstanding individuals.
“The awards offer the chance to celebrate individuals and organisations that work tirelessly to better the lives of others,” she said.
“By nominating you are not only offering deserved recognition for the individual or organisation, you are also supporting their wider cause and providing a platform for them to talk about their achievements. Previously, the awards have recognised some outstanding work being carried out globally by organisations and individuals and we know there are many deserving individuals still out there.”
The full list of award categories for 2016 are:
- Chris Laurence Vet of the Year Award – in association with Veterinary Times
- The VN Times Welfare Nurse of the Year Award
- Charity Professional of the Year Award (UK and international) – in association with PDSA
- Charity Team of the Year Award (UK and international) – in association with Your Cat and Your Dog magazine
- Volunteer of the Year Welfare Award (UK and international) – in association with Blue Cross
- Farm Animal Welfare Award (UK and international) – in association with RABI and NADIS
- International Cat Care Welfare Award – in association with Agria Pet Insurance
Nominations can be submitted online at www.cevawelfareawards.com