Time is running out to nominate veterinary professionals, volunteers and charity workers in this year’s Ceva Animal Welfare Awards.
The company is particularly keen to attract nominations for the Farm Animal Welfare Award.
“There are many unsung heroes who work to improve farm animal welfare and it is a hugely important area, so it would be great to see them recognised,” a Ceva spokesman said.
The deadline for nominations is 5pm on Tuesday, January 13 and they can be submitted at www.cevawelfareawards.com
The entries will be judged by a panel of respected industry professionals, including Chris Laurence, after whom the Vet of the Year award is named.
Ceva corporate communications and social responsibility manager Ginette Bryant said the awards celebrated individual achievement.
“But also give people and organisations a platform to talk about the work they do – so by nominating, you are helping their wider cause and promoting them,” she said.
“We want to keep up momentum for these individuals, charities and organisations, and awareness of the great work that they do, not just for the awards ceremony, but long after as well.”
The full list of award categories is:
- Chris Laurence Vet of the Year Award – in association with Veterinary Times
- The VN Times Welfare Nurse of the Year Award
- Charity Professional of the Year Award (UK and International) – in association with PDSA
- Charity Team of the Year Award (UK and International) – in association with Your Cat and Your Dog magazines
- Volunteer of the Year Welfare Award (UK and International) – in association with Blue Cross
- Farm Animal Welfare Award (UK and International) – in association with RABI and NADIS
- International Cat Care Welfare Award.
The 2015 awards ceremony will be held at BSAVA Congress in April 2015.