A veterinary practice in Glasgow has warned pet owners of a possible malicious poisoning in one of the city’s popular dog walking spots.
The Pets‘n’Vets Family, a network of veterinary practices with surgeries around Glasgow and surrounding areas, said the incident may have occurred in Queen’s Park in the south side of the city.
Pets‘n’Vets vet Ross Allan said: “We are treating a dog that has ingested what appears to be chicken laced with a blue substance it found in Queen’s Park. We are concerned this might be rat poison.
“Fortunately, the dog does not appear to be in grave danger, though we will not know for certain for the next three weeks. In the meantime, we would urge dog owners to be vigilant when walking their dogs in Queen’s Park and surrounding areas.”
The police have been informed and are investigating the incident.