The next meeting of the Association of Charity Vets (ACV) will take place at Wood Green, The Animals Charity’s Godmanchester Animal Centre on 25 February.
Topics will include:
- dealing with wildlife (birds and hedgehogs)
- ophthalmology and diagnostics on a budget
- the philosophy of animal quality of life
- FeLV/FIV in the shelter situation
- animal CSI
- PDSA Petwise events
- what’s new in charity and shelter medicine
The day is open to vets, veterinary nurses and veterinary students.
A spokesman said: “We hope it will be of interest not only to vets and veterinary nurses working for animal welfare charities in the United Kingdom, but to those working in private practice who provide services to these charities on an occasional basis.”
Free ACV membership
The meeting will consist of lectures and workshops, and there will be opportunities to network. Delegates will also be able to have a tour of Wood Green’s facilities.
Anyone who registers for the event will receive free 2017 membership of ACV.