The International Society for Equitation Science (ISES) is calling for research abstracts to showcase at the 12th ISES conference, to be held at the French national horse-riding school of Saumur.
This year’s conference theme is “Understanding horses to improve training and performance”, and will incorporate ethological methods to optimise rider-horse-communication.
ISES is especially encouraging submissions in the following areas:
- health and safety of horses and riders during training
- improving performance across disciplines through acknowledgement of a horse’s temperament and learning abilities
- understanding a horse’s learning and cognitive abilities to improve training
- understanding and measuring working horses’ welfare
- means to reach and communicate with riders on equitation science
All topics of interest to equitation science will be considered.
Enhancing welfare and relationships
ISES is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to facilitate research into the training of horses to enhance horse welfare and improve the horse-rider relationship.
For more information about the conference, venue and programme, visit www.ises2016saumur.com