The BVNA is welcoming submission of clinical abstracts for presentation at its congress on 6-8 October 2017.
Association officials are encouraging submissions from VNs in practice, as well as those undertaking research as part of their academic studies, from the following categories:
Clinical review in practice
- What have you been doing in practice to improve protocols or compliance?
- What made you undertake a review? Did you complete an audit? What were your findings?
- How did you go about implementing change?
- Did you implement or enhance any standard operating procedures? What challenges did you face and what was the outcome?
Clinical developments relevant to veterinary nursing
- Have you undertaken a study that considers small animal, exotic or equine-related veterinary nursing practice from academic research?
- Emphasis should be given to evaluation and improvement of clinical practice and clinical decision making.
- The aims should be to celebrate innovative practice, investigate good nursing practice and introduce future developments.
Educational innovations, excellence and research
- Have you undertaken any research or investigations into teaching strategies, assessment or innovation in the modern veterinary nursing curriculum?
- Emphasis should be given to innovations, excellence and research in veterinary nursing education and inter professional education.
For more information, or to submit an abstract, visit the abstract submission page on the BVNA website. Clinical abstracts must be submitted online by 30 June and will be peer-reviewed.
Successful applicants are given access to congress for the day to attend lectures and visit the commercial exhibition.