The Role of Nurses in Feline Chronic Kidney Disease and FLUTD
150 Stamford Street
Lecturer: Martha Cannon
The veterinary nurse plays an important role in the diagnosis and long term management of chronic kidney disease and lower urinary tract disease, but both can be frustrating cases to diagnose and manage successfully. This one day course will give delegates the confidence to manage these commonly presented patients both in and out of the clinic environment.
Topics to be covered include:
- Urine analysis- what can we learn, when should we test and what for?
- Chronic kidney disease- interpretation of diagnostic tests, inpatient and out patient care.
- Hypertension- how often to check and what do the numbers mean
- Lower urinary tract disease- advances in the understanding of its causes and current approaches to treatment.
- Urethral obstruction- emergency management to reduce anaesthetic risk, which catheters to use and when.