Practical Wound Management
It is becoming increasingly more common for veterinary nurses to play an active role in the management of wounds. In order to carry out this role effectively and efficiently, nurses require a good understanding of the processes involved in wound healing and also need to have an understanding of the wound dressings available, the types of wounds they are suitable for and how to apply them correctly.
- How to assess wounds and set objectives
- ‘Advanced’ wound management principles: delayed union and second intention healing
- What to do with delayed healing and chronic wounds
- How to select and apply dressings
- Bandaging techniques – applying bandages safely and effectively.