Nursing the Trauma Patient
1 St Andrews Drive
Patients presenting following trauma are a common occurrence in all types of veterinary practice, and can be some of the most fun and rewarding patients to deal with. Despite this they can also be some of the more challenging and stressful patients to deal with. This course will provide nurses with a logical approach to the assessment of the trauma patient, how to prioritise their care as well as more advanced procedures, such as central line placement.
- The approach to, and stabilisation techniques for trauma patients
- Dealing with dyspnoeic patients
- The approach to the shocked patient
- Placement of central venous catheters
- Understanding chest drain placement and maintenance