Nursing Care of the Hospitalised Patient in General Practice
150 Stamford Street
Lecturer: Claire Roberts
This course is aimed at veterinary nurses in general practice who are committed to raising the standard of care that they provide their patients.
Our aim is to provide you with the knowledge and enthusiasm which will enable you to bring achievable levels of advanced nursing into general practice and to learn and share ideas with like-minded people.
The course will be divided into six subject areas and the day will finish with some case discussions for us to apply our knowledge and understanding of the day.
Topics stop be covered include:
- Care plans, what are they, how can we create a working model and how can they help the care we provide our patients
- General nursing of the hospitalised patient
- Analgesia – pain scoring and implementation
- Nutrition for the hospitalised patient
- Fluid therapy
- Intensive care nursing in general practice
- Case Discussion