Nurse Clinics – putting your ideas into practice
This course is available online. Please see below for more details on how to attend this course via the Internet.
This module will enable you to create a clear strategy for planning, implementation and ongoing development of nurse clinics within your practice. The course is ideal for anyone who wishes to start running nurse clinics in their practice, or those who are already running consultations and just want wish to expand on this area.
The style of the course offers opportunity to discuss your ideas, share experiences and solve potential problems with other participants; and this module will provide motivation, support and a sound platform of information to get you confidently and successfully up and running!
- Ideas and opportunities for nurse clinics in your practice, and putting these ideas into action!
- Understanding the competition
- Using simple SWOT analysis to identify the pros and pitfalls
- Clarifying the nurse’s role, and identifying and discussing areas of difficulty
- Marketing plan – from waiting room to website – raising awareness of your new service
- Consideration of charging structures for your nurse appointments
- Monitoring and development – examining your successes and failures, and developing your clinics in the future
- Creating a clear practice plan with, and for, the whole team
By the end of this module, successful candidates will be able to:
- Appreciate the role of the Vet Nurse in clinics, develop ideas for expansion, and understand limitations
- Devise a simple yet effective marketing plan for clinics in own practice
- Construct a basic monitoring and development plan to lead the practice team forward, and to continue to improve and refine nurse clinics at own practice.
Testimonial | Megan Brannigan BVSc MRCVS
A brilliant course, that covers more than you expect!
I’ve come away from previous courses with lots of ideas but rarely see them through to fruition. The difference with this course, is that I have been taken through the whole process
There is excellent feedback and support from Jill the course tutor, and on the discussion forum.
One of the most useful and enjoyable courses I’ve done.