Nurse Clinics – putting your ideas into practice
This course is available online. Please see below for more details on how to attend this course via the Internet.
About this course
This module is ideal for nurses who wish to start running nurse clinics in their practice, or those who are already running consultations and just want wish to expand on this area. The module will enable nurses to create a clear strategy for planning, implementation and ongoing development of nurse clinics within their practice.
The style of the course offers opportunity to discuss your ideas, share experiences and solve potential problems with other nurses; and this module will provide motivation, support and a sound platform of information to get you confidently and successfully up and running!
- Ideas and opportunities for nurse clinics in your practice, and putting these ideas into action!
- Understanding the competition
- Using simple SWOT analysis to identify the pros and pitfalls
- Clarifying the nurse’s role, and identifying and discussing areas of difficulty
- Marketing plan – from waiting room to website – raising awareness of your new service
- Consideration of charging structures for your nurse appointments
- Monitoring and development – examining your successes and failures, and developing your clinics in the future
- Creating a clear practice plan with, and for, the whole team
Jill Macdonald DipAVN (surg) RVN FHEA
Jill spent 12 years in practice as a head nurse and nurse trainer and assessor, before moving onto the University of Liverpool to set up online post-grad modules. She’s also completed a locum position teaching communication and professional skills at Ross University in the Caribbean, and is an associate teaching fellow at the University of Surrey’s Vet School. She works part-time in practice, is a BVNA council member, is BVNA rep for the Animal Welfare Foundation, and a regular contributor to the vet press.
She has a very strong interest in the setup and profitable running of nurse clinics, and expertise and experience in this area that she is keen to share!
* course run dates are subject to minimum booking numbers being met. We will keep you updated – any questions just ask.