MS115 – Feline Behaviour Mini Series
This course is available online. Please see below for more details on how to attend this course via the Internet.
Join ASAB Certificated Clinical Animal Behaviourist Clare Wilson for three 2-hour sessions. Includes 12 months access to all of your course materials.
This Mini Series is suitable for both vets and vet nurses.
- Join Clare Wilson MA VetMB CCAB MRCVS PGDipCABC for three 2-hour online sessions and make life easier for you and your feline patients!
- Comprehensive notes to downloaded
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points (and in case you miss a live session!)
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- Watch the live events or the recordings on your iPad!
Feline Ethology and Behavioural Development
- The history of domestication of the cat as an underlying basis for understanding behaviour of the modern domestic feline
- Understanding normal cat behaviour and how this can conflict with the domestic environment
- Behavioural development including the critical and sensitive periods
- Social behaviour and communication
- Genetic influences on normal behaviour
Environmental and Social Influences on Feline Behaviour
- Normal social behaviour of cats as an underlying factor in behavioural problems in the domestic setting
- Territory layout and resource distribution, particularly focusing on multi-cat homes and high cat density environments
- How to make your practice feline friendly
- Appropriate handling techniques to reduce stress and fear
- Case studies
Medical Influences on Feline Behaviour
- Important medical issues that can present with behavioural signs
- Feline idiopathic cystitis, hyperthyroidism, cognitive dysfunction syndrome
- Conditions to consider prior to making a behavioural referral and the importance of the vet-behaviourist relationship
- How to recognise acute and chronic pain through behaviour in the hospital and home
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*overseas customers will not be charged VAT