MS082 – Challenging Dermatology Presentations Mini-Series
This course is available online. Please see below for more details on how to attend this course via the Internet.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
In this Mini Series we consider the common yet challenging dermatology scenarios of the dog with sore paws, the pruritic cat, and the patient with recurrent otitis externa. We’ll look into the causes, how best to approach these problem cases and the current treatment options available for the best outcomes in your patients.
- Join RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Dermatology Peter Forsythe for three 2-hour sessions
- Comprehensive notes to download
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- 12 Months access to recorded sessions following purchase for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without traffic jams or rota hassles
- Watch on your iPad!
The Dog with Sore Paws
- Outline of the many causes of pododermatitis in dogs
- A systematic approach to the investigation of pododermatitis
- What to do first and what to do next
- Treatment options for some of the more common causes of pododermatitis including idiopathic disease
The Pruritic Cat
- Recognising and making sense of the pruritic feline cutaneous reaction patterns
- The causes of feline pruritus
- How to work up a pruritic cat
- Treatment options for feline pruritus
Recurrent Otitis Externa
- The causes of otitis externa
- Anatomy and physiology of the ear canal
- The importance of epithelial cell migration
- Primary and secondary causes of inflammation
- Predisposing and perpetuating factors
- The approach to acute otitis externa
- Cytology and treatment selection
- Ear cleaning
- Preventing chronicity
- Treating Pseudomonas otitis externa
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*overseas customers will not be charged VAT