MS066 – Cardiac Ultrasound Mini Series
This course is available online. Please see below for more details on how to attend this course via the Internet.
12 months access to recordings and course materials is included. Please note that these are webinar recordings and not live events. Full details on how to access the Mini Series will be emailed to you.
- Join RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology Mark Patteson for three 2-hour sessions for all the echocardiography help you need
- Find out how to get the best views and interpret your findings
- Learn how to get accurate and diagnostic measurements
- Learn to recognise normal variations, abnormal variations and artifacts
- Make cardiac scanning a key part of your workup for your cardiac patients
- Packed with ultrasound videos to illustrate key points
- Comprehensive notes to download from the meeting room
- Self-assessment quizzes to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- 12 Months access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- This Mini Series was originally broadcast in June-July 2014
Getting good images and when measurements help (or don’t)
- Basic echocardiographic technique & scanning planes : how to get the views you need
- Pumps and balloons: understanding intra-cardiac pressure and why the heart looks like it does in sickness and in health
- Measurements – how to make them, when to make them and when you don’t need to. What do they mean?
- How measurements and their interpretation can go wrong; avoid these pitfalls
- Extensive ultrasound videos are featured in this session
Acquired heart disease – what does it look like?
- Cardiac scanning in acquired mitral valve disease
- Canine myocardial disease – what to look for
- Feline myocardial disease
- Canine pericardial disease – how to assess these patients
- Some non-cardiac thoracic disease
- This session features extensive ultrasound videos to demonstrate what you are likely to see
Doppler echocardiography and congenital heart disease
- Doppler – physics and applications, imaging technique and views
- When to use Doppler and when you don’t need it
- A selection of congenital disease cases with videos. These are selected to help you think about how the heart works rather than experience every type of congenital disease
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*overseas customers will not be charged VAT