MS062 – Thoracic Radiology Mini Series
This course is available online. Please see below for more details on how to attend this course via the Internet.
Thoracic radiography is one of the most commonly performed diagnostic imaging procedures in small animal veterinary practice. However, accurate interpretation of thoracic radiographs can be challenging. During this webinar Mini Series, RCVS & European Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging Esther Barrett, will be looking at the lower airways and lung fields, the heart and thoracic vessels and finally the pleural space, mediastinum and thoracic boundaries. For each area, she will review the normal radiographic appearance in the dog and cat, before considering the radiographic appearance of different types of thoracic pathology commonly encountered in general veterinary practice, illustrated by a selection of case studies.
- Join RCVS & European Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging Esther Barrett for three 2-hour online sessions
- Get all the help you need with your Thoracic Radiology in practice
- Make sure you’re up to date with current thinking in diagnostics and therapeutics
- Learn about recent advances that you can apply to your patients
- Lots of case-based discussion and videos to illustrate key points
- Comprehensive notes to download
- Self-assessment quiz to ‘release’ your 8 hours CPD certification (don’t worry, you can take them more than once if you don’t quite hit the mark first time)
- Accredited by the Veterinary College of Ireland for 8 CVE credits
- A whole year’s access to recorded sessions for reviewing key points
- Superb value for money – learn without travelling
- This Mini Series was originally broadcast in March-April 2014
The Lower Airways and Lung Fields
- Normal radiographic anatomy of the lower airways and lung fields
- Untangling lung patterns: what is a bronchial / alveolar / interstitial / vascular pattern and does it matter? Why?
- Test yourself: Examples of commonly encountered lower airway and pulmonary pathology
The Heart and Thoracic Vessels
- Normal radiographic anatomy of the heart, great vessels and pulmonary vasculature
- Including normal variations of cardio-vascular anatomy: not every barrel-chested dog can have right-sided cardiomegaly!
- Evaluating cardio-vascular disease from the thoracic radiograph: echocardiography doesn’t tell us everything…
- Test yourself: Examples of commonly encountered cardio-vascular pathology
The Pleural Space, Mediastinum and Thoracic Boundaries
- What comprises the pleural space?
- Recognising the normal and abnormal pleural space
- Where is the mediastinum? What is in it and what can go wrong?
- Recognising the normal and abnormal mediastinum
- The thoracic boundaries – where should I look?
- Test yourself: Examples of pleural space, mediastinal and peripheral thoracic disease
This webinar mini-series is suitable for all vets in practice, and will be of particular interest to those wishing to improve their confidence in the interpretation of thoracic radiographs.
The price includes all 3 sessions, notes and quiz – 8 hours of CPD
*No traffic jams, accommodation hassles, pet or childcare, rota clashes, locum fees ……….. just great CPD and a valuable ongoing resource.
*overseas customers will not be charged VAT