Modular Ultrasound – Module 1 – Introduction to Ultrasound
This is part of the new modular ultrasound course. This module aims to provide you with an introduction to the use of ultrasonography as a veterinary diagnostic tool. Through a combination of theory and practical sessions, you will learn the techniques required to get started scanning in your practice.
• Principles of veterinary diagnostic ultrasound including fundamentals of ultrasound physics and approach to image interpretation
• Ultrasound machine and transducer selection
• Ultrasound image optimisation
• Recognising ultrasound artefacts
• Introduction to performing an abdominal ultrasound examination including patient preparation and systematic identification of the liver, spleen and urogenital tract with practical hands-on-scanning sessions