Getting the best from diet trials
This course is available online. Please see below for more details on how to attend this course via the Internet.
About this course
This webinar will review the developed awareness of adverse food reactions and how these affect the skin in cats, dogs and horses. It seems that adverse food reactions are relatively common in atopic animals and probably underdiagnosed. Unfortunately, we’ve also learned that they are more complex than first thought; recognition, diagnosis and management of adverse food reactions can be challenging. This webinar will discuss:
- Defining food allergy syndromes
- Clinical features of adverse food reactions
- Selecting appropriate foods using history, serology and other tests
- How best to follow up diet trials
- Hidden allergens in foods, novel foods and food cross-reaction
- How hydrolysed does a food need to be?
- The role of the gut microbiome and probiotics
We’ll present the latest evidence and do some myth-busting along the way!