Eyelid and Corneal Surgery
This 2-day practical course will give delegates the opportunity to discuss and perform ophthalmic surgery. The anatomy and physiology of the cornea, eyelids and 3rd eyelid will be reviewed and consideration given to the conditions affecting these areas, including those associated with breed related conformation.
The surgical techniques to correct entropion and ectropion, resect eyelid neoplasms, perform keratectomies and placing conjunctival grafts will be discussed in detail.
Delegates will then spend ample time practising these procedures in a supervised practical session.
By the end of this course delegates should have an understanding of:
• The spectrum of congenital, developmental and conformation related disorders of the eyelids that require surgical correction
• The aetiology, diagnosis and management of third eyelid conditions
• Corneal anatomy, physiology and wound healing
• The types of corneal repair and reconstruction, including direct suturing, conjunctival grafts and corneo-conjunctival transposition
• The surgical procedures for use on the cornea, such as grid keratotomy, superficial keratectomy and removal of foreign bodies.
If you would like to book this course or require any further information please contact us on 01793 759159 or email email@example.com