Essentials of Emergency and Critical Care
9 South Gyle Crescent
As emergency and critical care becomes more advanced, new techniques and ideas are being introduced into practice. The survival and success of patients depends on the effective collaboration between the veterinary surgeon and veterinary nursing team. As a veterinary nurse, therefore, it is vital to keep up-to-date with changes to ensure the efficiency of the key role you play in the treatment of critically ill patients.
This course will ensure you are familiar with the different types of equipment and techniques available and the nursing care required in the management of emergency cases. This is an interactive and comprehensive course that will kick start your path to becoming an excellent ECC nurse with the knowledge and practical skills to tackle those challenging cases.
You will take a look at the following:
- Setting up an intensive care unit
- Triage and initial assessment of emergency cases
- Monitoring and treatment of the critical care patient
- Cardiorespiratory, urinary, neurological and GI systems
- Specialised techniques including pericardiocentesis, central venous access and feeding tube placement
- The latest update on CPR