Dermatology- We’re All Ears
Cases of otitis externa can be very frustrating to deal with. The definitive underlying cause can be difficult to diagnose and treat, so these cases can quickly turn into a real challenge. This day of lectures on otitis will give participants all the tools they need to confidently deal with patients with ear disease.
Topics to be covered include:
- Ear anatomy and physiology of cats and dogs
- Aetiologies of ear disease
- Ear cytology, examination under general anaesthetic and use of the video otoscope
- Treating acute ear disease
- Investigating and treating chronic ear disease
- What can I put down the ear and when?
- Dealing with chronic ceruminous otitis
- Dealing with stenosis and when to consider a TECA
- Case examples