Cat Nursing 101: Introducing the Elderly Cat
- SubjectBehaviour, Feline, Nursing, Small animal
- SpeakerDR Sarah Caney BVSc PhD DSAM (Feline) MRCVS, RCVS Specialist in Feline Medicine.
- Date23/02/2017 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Price£99 (Early bird when booking up until 6 months in advance) - £185
9 South Gyle Crescent
About this course
With cats living for longer and elderly cats forming an increasing proportion of our caseload, it’s now more important than ever to provide ‘gold standard’ care to our feline friends. This course will provide up-to-date and feline friendly knowledge to help you achieve this, and will include:
- Preventive healthcare of the older cat: what should be done and why?
- The most common ‘old cat’ conditions and how these can be diagnosed
- Helpful tips for handling older cats
- Advice for carers of elderly cats
- Setting up successful elderly cat clinics
By the end of the course you will feel more confident in your understanding of common illnesses of the elderly cat, the setting up of effective preventive healthcare clinics and providing advice and support to carers of elderly cats.