Beefing up profits!
The Promenade, Clifton Down
Convincing the sceptical beef client to invest in veterinary services can often be frustrating. This course aims to explore the economics of the beef industry, optimising the application of financial understanding to better prepare the farm animal clinician in promoting their skills. The course will delve into novel techniques to build the beef practice and attempt to bridge any clinical-commercial knowledge gaps.
The course will start with an overview of the UK beef industry. We will then discuss benchmarking and KPIs, and how these can support veterinary interventions. The use of fertility protocols, EBVs and genetic selection will be covered. We will also explore the practical use of partial budget analyses and how these models can facilitate prediction of a potential cost benefit from a change within a management system.
The course is designed to help you engage in economically driven conversations with beef producers so that you can implement positive animal health benefits whilst driving herd profitability.
The five key things you will learn from this course are:
- An update on the latest UK beef industry and global economic climate
- The use of benchmarking and KPIs – The good, the bad and the ugly!
- Fertility – EBVs, genetics and bull selection – navigating through the jargon
- How to use partial budget analyses and what these can do for your client’s pocket
- How to confidently and successfully market veterinary services to beef clients to achieve business goals
BVA Members early bird rate* – £180
BVA Members standard rate – £210
Non BVA Member early bird rate*- £300
Non BVA Member standard rate- £360
*Early bird rate applies to bookings made more than six weeks in advance of the course date.
Book online or call Helen Dingle on 020 7908 6336
BVA members can book three BVA CPD courses for the price of two. Find out more and view our terms and conditions at www.bva.co.uk/CPD