0995 Practical Ophthalmic Surgery
On this course you’ll learn about eyelid and corneal reconstruction, together with the lacrimal and nasolacrimal conditions that you’re likely to encounter in practice. You should be happy performing basic techniques such as ectropion, entropion and superficial keratectomy to attend the course. The format allows plenty of time to develop your skills in ophthalmic reconstruction procedures in practical wet-lab sessions with support and guidance from the expert and approachable tutor.
What you’ll learn:
- How to make decisions in ophthalmic reconstructive and nasolacrimal surgery
- Eyelid reconstruction techniques including transposition flaps and lid sharing
- Corneal reconstruction including corneoconjunctival transposition and full thickness keratoplasty techniques
- How to carry out parotid duct transposition
- How to replace a prolapsed nictitans gland