0958 Introduction to Physiotherapy
On this course, we’ll consider the role of physiotherapy within veterinary practice. By working from first principles, we’ll take you through tissue response to injury and how various physiotherapy techniques can manipulate this response to promote tissue repair and return to function. We’ll cover basic examination techniques along with outcome assessment and development of clinical reasoning, plus a brief overview of physiotherapy techniques, focussing on those that can be integrated into first opinion practice. We’ll show you how the veterinary surgeon, veterinary nurse and physiotherapist come together to ensure the best possible functional outcome.
What you’ll learn:
- How does physiotherapy work in practice?
- An introduction into physiotherapy techniques
- Physiotherapy in the operating theatre
- How can physiotherapy aid management of canine osteoarthritis?
- How to integrate physiotherapy safely into veterinary practice
- How your patients will benefit