The UK’s largest veterinary group specialising in production animals has opened a new practice to further its commitment to providing “the best local service” to clients.
The practice will provide:
- full 24-hour emergency cover
- a free-of-charge direct line to the vet team
- a “unique” two vets per farm system
- bull and ram testing
- youngstock monitoring
- farm record and performance reviews
- herd health contracts via the practices 4life programme
- farm technicians offering on-farm support through a team of category 1 National Association of Cattle Foot Trimmers qualified foot trimmers
- in-house laboratory services for faecal egg counting, milk testing and analysis, bovine viral diarrhoea antigen testing and postmortem examinations
- medicines pick-up
The new practice is to be headed up by Alex Walters. Mr Walters has worked for Westpoint since 2004, and joined the Ashford practice in 2006. He will be supported by fellow vets Jon Parsons, Jon Mouncey, Kathy Hume, Paul Horwood and Lucy Bright.
For more information, visit Westpoint’s website.