VPMA president Renay Rickard has welcomed five new members to the association’s board.
The members were officially ratified during an association board meeting held in July, and, said the VPMA, complement the skills of existing members.
The new group also “increases the diversity of career experiences and backgrounds to reflect the changing nature of veterinary practice management today”, it said.
The new members are:
- RVN Janie Clare (centre), practice manager of Rutland House Veterinary Hospital
- RVN Georgina Hills (top right), business support manager of Independent Vetcare
- RVN Gillian Page (bottom left), co-owner and business manager of Ayrton Veterinary Hospital
- Stuart Saunders (bottom right), practice manager of Coombefield Veterinary Hospital
- Diane Horner (top left), joint owner and practice manager of Peter Fenton Equine Veterinary Practice
Mrs Rickard said: “On behalf of the board, we are delighted to welcome our five new directors. The broad range of skills and experiences our new board members bring reflects the increasing diversity of the practice management profession, and will complement the existing team to further support and drive forward our profession.
“I’m excited about the prospect of having new members with veterinary nursing backgrounds, which reflects how nurses are moving into management more, and the VPMA can help them succeed in practice management roles and support their career development.”