The RCVS is reminding VNs they need to pay their annual renewal fee before the end of the year or they will be removed from the register.
According to the college, more than 1,000 VNs have not yet paid their renewal fee of £61. If this is not received on or before 31 December:
- their names will be removed from the register
- they will not be able to use the postnominal RVN
- they will not be able to carry out medical treatments and minor surgery as defined under Schedule 3 of the Veterinary Surgeons Act
If any VNs miss the deadline, they will have to restore their name to the register, incurring a restoration fee of £51 in addition to the £61 renewal fee.
The college said the easiest way to pay is to log in to the “My Account” area of the RCVS website, using the credentials provided to each VN. If these credentials have been lost or misplaced, the registration department can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7202 0707.
As well as paying the annual renewal fee, VNs should also:
- confirm their register and correspondence details
- confirm they comply with the college’s CPD requirements
- declare any convictions, cautions and/or adverse findings