Veterinary staff at Vets Now have been awarded for ‘making a difference’ at the ninth annual Vets Now Congress, held at the Majestic Hotel in Harrogate last week (November 7-9, 2012).
Veterinary staff at Vets Now have once again been recognised for their dedicated and caring work.
Awarded at the ninth Emergency and Critical Care Congress (November 7-9, 2012), the accolades reward members of staff who have made an important contribution to patient and owner care, as well as recognising work undertaken to help advance emergency veterinary care in the UK and beyond.
The winners were:
- Star Referral Clinician of the Year – Liz Welsh, referral clinician in soft tissue, small animal surgery at Vets Now Referrals, Glasgow;
- Star Referral Nurse of the Year – Louise Grieve, Vets Now Referrals, Glasgow;
- Star Senior Veterinary Surgeon of the Year – Aoife O’Sullivan, Birmingham Vets Now;
- Star Veterinary Surgeon of the Year – Kate Russell, Farnham/Guildford Vets Now;
- Star Senior Veterinary Nurse of the Year – Racheal Marshall, Sheffield Vets Now; and
- Star Veterinary Nurse of the Year – Amanda Schutlz, Preston Vets Now Clinic.
Meanwhile, the entire team at Vets Now Referrals in Glasgow won Star Team of the Year, while Kate Pickering from the Ilford clinic won Clinic Support Staff Member of the Year. Donna Kennedy, regional business manager for Vets Now, was awarded Support Office Star of the Year and Lisa Maxwell, head of client care, won the innovation award for her SMS feedback trial, which sees clients texting feedback to member practices.
Vets Now founder Richard Dixon said: “This is our ninth year of running these awards and each year it becomes more and more difficult to judge, but we are delighted to be able to specially recognise this year’s recipients for their excellent dedication and going that extra mile in their daily roles.”