The management and treatment of canine otitis externa (OE) will be the focus of a free CPD roadshow visiting eight venues across the UK throughout May and June.
Each event – organised by Elanco Animal Health to support the launch of Osurnia ear gel for dogs – will feature a lecture on managing acute OE in dogs, delivered by a leading veterinary dermatologist.
Each event will be followed by a question and answer session, and an opportunity to hear from an Elanco veterinary technical consultant on how the company can support dermatology businesses and pet owners.
Elanco therapeutics marketing manager Alice Laurens said: “OE is a common challenge for vets and clients, with ear infections among the top 10 reasons dogs are presented to vets.
“Education on this topic will support vets in managing these cases and update them on exciting innovations in the therapy area.”
While OE is known to affect up to 20% of dogs, owner compliance can be a problem with up to 80% of owners administering the incorrect dose. The roadshow will explore how vets can improve compliance and the clinical outcome of OE cases.
The eight events’ dates and locations are:
- 4 May – University of Surrey, Manor Park Campus
- 11 May – University of Bristol, Langford Campus
- 18 May – Mercure Wetherby Hotel, West Yorkshire
- 25 May – University of Glasgow, Wolfson Medical Building
- 9 June – RVC, Hawkshead Campus, Hertfordshire
- 15 June – University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus
- 22 June – University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush Campus
- 28 June – Rutland House Veterinary Hospital, St Helens, Merseyside
Places are limited, so early registration is recommended. Each event will begin with a buffet from 7.30pm, with presentations starting at 8pm.
For full details of roadshow locations, speakers or to book a place, visit roadshows.osurnia.co.uk