VetShare is hosting a recruitment and retention CPD day after a survey among practices identified finding and retaining good staff was a common concern.
The event – on 6 July at The Peninsula, Victoria Place, Manchester – is aimed at:
- understanding all steps of the recruitment process
- finding candidates through the best advertising avenues
- creating a web presence inviting to potential employees
- staff performance management
- employment law guidance from Peninsula
The CPD day line-up includes:
- Paul Matthews from People Alchemy – a regular speaker at HR focus days who will discuss best methods of keeping new staff using positive management and structured induction programmes.
- Clive Oliver from Peninsula – covering an array of topics, such as interviewing techniques (what you can and cannot ask), new starter expectations and how to manage underperformers.
- Andrew Rastall from Connected Vet – with a wealth of experience in retail marketing, he will explore how your web presence can influence a candidate’s perspective on your practices offering and whether you’re the right choice for them.
- Hamzah Malik, digital marketing manager for Veterinary Business Development (publishers of Veterinary Times, VN Times and VBJ) – discussing the recruitment tunnel; from how to write the best advert for your audience, to finding the right candidate and how to secure them.
The event costs £65 per delegate (or three for £150), with further reductions available for VetShare members.
To find out more or book a place, contact the VetShare team on 0800 756 6636 or email email@example.com