The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) is inviting nominations for Honorary Associates and Honorary Fellowships by Election.
Nominations should be submitted to the president by September 4 so that they may be considered by the NominationsCommittee at its meeting on October 15.
Honorary Associates need not be veterinarians.This award may be made to persons by reasons of their special eminencein, or special service to, the veterinary profession, but RCVS Council hasagreed that the award should be restricted to persons not eligible forelection as Honorary Fellows.
The present Honorary Associates arelisted on page 346 of the RCVS Register of Members 2008. In 2009, this honour was awarded to Martin Alder and CaroleMartin.
Honorary Fellowship by Election
Under thebyelaws, this award may be made to not more than three persons in anyone year in respect of their special eminence in, and service to, thecause of veterinary science. A recipient must be a member of the RCVSand have been a member, or possessed of a registrable qualification,for a period of at least 20 years.
The present Honorary Fellows byElection are listed on page 347of the RCVS Register of Members 2008. In 2009, this honour was awarded to Colin Burrowsand Christine Magrath.
All nominations must be accompanied by the following information:
- Name of nominee
- Honour/award for which the nomination is made
- Relevant qualifications of nominee
- Date of registration as an RCVS member (if applicable)
- Nominee’s current post/projects
- Nominee’s career history
- Particular reason why the honour/award should be conferred (maximum 300 words)
- Written supporting statements from two referees. At least one of the referees must be someone who is not a working colleague of the person nominated.
- Contact details for the nominator/referees.
The summaries provided will form the basis of a citation for the ultimate award winner at the AGM in 2010. In default of such summaries being submitted, the nomination cannot be considered.
Nomination forms may be obtained from the RCVS Executive Office (0207 202 0761 or email@example.com).