Pet-related small businesses throughout the UK can now offer consumers the opportunity to review and rate their products and services online at Yell.com.
Pet-related small businesses throughout the UK can now offer consumers the opportunity to review and rate their products and services online at Yell.com, following the company’s acquisition and integration of the TrustedPlaces local review website.
According to the company, the addition of this online review function promises to deliver a range of benefits to Yell.com’s two million mainly small business advertisers.
Sokratis Papafloratos, head of social products at Yell in the UK, said: “Businesses in all sectors need to embrace the consumer phenomenon. Yell.com is enabling this.
“Online reviews offer a number of benefits to local businesses. They represent a powerful and cost-effective tool to promote goods and services online, connect with consumers, gather valuable customer feedback and generate new business leads by driving online traffic and word of mouth.”
As part of the launch, Yell is developing a network of national and local community charities and will make a 25p donation for every review posted to the contributors charity of choice. The first charities to partner with Yell.com under the initiative are Oxfam, The Woodland Trust and veterinary charity PDSA.
GETTING THE MOST FROM CONSUMER REVIEWS
Mr Papafloratos recommends the following guidelines for small businesses to get the most out of consumer reviews:
- Get customers involved: encourage satisfied customers to post reviews.
- Watch your reputation: check online reviews regularly and respond when needed. This will build trust with your customers and the wider online community.
- Be honest: dont post reviews about your own business, competitors or businesses you havent used a sure-fire way of damaging your online reputation.
- Best foot forward: remember that any conversation you have on a review will be visible to all visitors to your site use this as an opportunity to demonstrate the quality of customer service and after-sales care your business provides.
- Consider your response: Before responding to a review, consider the customers motivation for writing it. Be seen to listen to customers and respond to legitimate concerns or complaints.
For further information, visit www.yell.com/reviews