The British Veterinary Nursing Association (BVNA) will again host the veterinary nursing stream at the British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA) Northern Ireland Congress.
Held on May 23 and 24 at the Armagh City Hotel, the programme – “Explore and Repair the Abdomen with Confidence” – offers internationally renowned speakers with the main emphasis on the management of surgical cases.
Topics will include:
- Nursing the patient with gastric dilatation and volvulus
- Nursing the patient with a urinary tract emergency.
- Nursing the patient with a reproductive emergency.
- Postoperative nursing of the abdominal patient – nutrition and feeding tubes.
- Postoperative nursing of the abdominal patient – spotting and managing complications.
- The role of the scrub nurse – the surgeon’s perspective.
- Diagnostic and surgical imaging of the abdominal patient.
Winners of the BVNA Northern Ireland Veterinary Nursing Awards will be announced during the gala banquet on May 23.
The four categories are: