Ceva is calling for nominations for its 2017 Awards for Animal Welfare, which aim to recognise those going above and beyond in animal care.
The awards, now in their eighth year, celebrate the welfare achievements of people from the farming, veterinary and charity worlds. Nominees often come from all walks of life, with varying backgrounds, locations, ages and professions.
Honouring our own
For veterinary professionals, two awards are dedicated to recognising vets and veterinary nurses surpassing the call of duty – the Chris Laurence Vet of the Year Award (in association with Veterinary Times) and the VN Times Vet Nurse of the Year Award (in association with VN Times).
Other awards include:
- Charity Team of the Year Award (in association with Your Dog Magazine and Your Cat Magazine)
- Charity Professional of the Year Award (in association with PDSA)
- Volunteer of the Year Award (in association with Blue Cross)
- Farm Animal Welfare of the Year Award (in association with the Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution and the National Animal Disease Information Service)
- International Cat Care Welfare of the Year Award (in association with Agria Pet Insurance)
Ceva managing director Cüneyt Seçkin said: “We have been awed and humbled by the nominations for Ceva’s Awards for Animal Welfare over the past seven years and expect 2017’s to be no exception.”
Mr Seçkin continued: “The lengths to which some wonderful people go to ensure the health and happiness of animals across the world knows no bounds. Not only do the awards champion people involved in animal welfare, but also raise awareness of this important work to wider audiences.”
Winners are decided by a panel of esteemed judges, including Chris Laurence MBE and chief RSPCA vet James Yeates. Both the winners and runners-up will be honoured at a glittering ceremony taking place on the eve of BSAVA Congress on 5 April.
- Nominations for a vet or VN welfare superstar can be made via the Ceva Awards for Animal Welfare website by 13 January 2017.