Time is running out to nominate your UK champions for a Ceva Animal Welfare Award.
Vets, VNs and practice staff have just a week left to nominate their welfare-active colleagues, as well as any volunteers and charity workers they know who go above and beyond for animal welfare.
Urging veterinary professionals to nominate, awards head judge Chris Laurence said: “I’d like vets and nurses to drum up some support in practice, let people know the awards are happening and nominate your great colleagues and clients who are doing all this good work.”
- Chris Laurence Vet of the Year Award – in association with Veterinary Times
- VN Times Welfare Nurse of the Year Award
- Charity Professional of the Year Award (UK and international) – in association with PDSA
- Charity Team of the Year Award (UK and international – in association with Your Cat and Your Dog magazines
- Volunteer of the Year Welfare Award (UK and international) – in association with Blue Cross
- Farm Animal Welfare Award (UK and international) – in association with NADIS
- International Cat Care Welfare Award.
The awards will be presented at BSAVA Congress in April.
Ceva’s charity communications manager Ginette Bryant said the purpose of the awards was to make sure nominated charities have a lasting profile.
“We want people to nominate because of the welfare emphasis – we want to celebrate the work these guys do and bring that attention to the public and the animal health industry,” she said.
“The awards celebrate individual achievement but also give people and organisations a platform to talk about the work they do – so by nominating, you are helping their wider cause and promoting them. We want to keep up momentum for these charities, and awareness of the great work that they do, not just for the awards ceremony, but long after as well.”
Nominations close on January 27, 2014 and submissions can be made online at www.cevawelfareawards.com