The International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM) is holding a pre-SEVC Feline Symposium on Thursday, September 29 at the Barcelona Conference Centre, Spain. The event is sponsored by Nestlé Purina.
The International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM) is holding a pre-SEVC Feline Symposium on Thursday, September 29 at the Barcelona Conference Centre, Spain.
As usual, the emphasis of the event, sponsored by Nestlé Purina, will be on providing practical advice for practitioners. Topics covered will include:
- emerging problems in feline orthopaedics,
- pitfalls in feline emergency care,
- management of chronic diarrhoea,
- management of acute upper respiratory tract infections,
- feline ophthalmology cases,
- developing a cat friendly clinic, and
- how to unblock the blocked cat.
Lectures will be given in English with simultaneous translation into Spanish. Speakers include:
- Andy Sparkes representing ISFM,
- Amanda Boag from VetsNow UK,
- Lara Boland, Feline Advisory Bureau Resident at Bristol University, and
- Albert Lloret and Teresa Pena from the University of Barcelona.
ISFM has also collaborated with SEVC on the feline day in the main congress programme on Friday September 30, which covers renal and cardiovascular disease, pyothorax, bronchoalveolar lavage and evidence-based medicine, so cat enthusiasts can have two full days of topical feline topics.
The Barcelona Conference Centre is located in the heart of the city in the Montjuc Park, just 15 minutes from the airport.