The British Veterinary Association has joined forces with the RoyalVeterinary College to offer a 50 per cent discount on continuingprofessional development (CPD) courses to BVA members.
From today (May 11), all BVA members can benefit from a 50 per cent discount for RVC’s Refresher Day courses, while BVA recent graduate members (up to eight years qualified) can benefit from 50 per cent off RVC’s Interactive Online Lectures.
BVA presidentNicky Paull added: “This is yet another great chance to get your skills up-to-date and at little cost. BVA is always keen toprovide opportunities to its members and this offers a something toparticularly benefit those who need some flexibility in their career.Added to that, the new online lecture option will help young graduatesreceive up to date CPD from this high quality provider in the comfortof their own practice and at a significant discount.”
Jill Madison, director of professional development at the RVC, said: “Iam proud and pleased that we are able to assist young veterinariansand those returning to practice after a career break to participate inaffordable and accessible CPD from the RVC.”
The Refresher Day courses are designed to refresh vets’ knowledge andunderstanding of core principles in each discipline as well asdiscussing any important recent advances and suits those returning topractice or moving practice type. Participants will earn up to 5 hoursCPD credit.
- Ideal for those returning from a career break, part-time workers or those changing practice type
- Topics include internal medicine, soft tissue surgery,pharmacology, dermatology, ophthalmology, orthopaedic surgery andemergency medicine and anaesthesia
- Discounted price for all BVA members £55.32 + VAT (normal price £110.64 + VAT)
- Courses run September – November 2009
- Held at RVC in London
Interactive Online Lectures
The Interactive Online Lectures allow interaction between participantsand the lecturer – a fun, convenient and efficient way of learning andearning 2 hours of CPD credit from your computer. Here, participantsalso have the option of viewing a recorded version if they can’t makethe live online lecture.
- Available to BVA graduate members, up to eight yearsqualified, for £27.76 + VAT (limit of five discounted places per lecture;normal cost £55.52 + VAT)
- Topics include small animal medicine and surgery, cardiology, dermatology, production animals and equine practice
- All lectures run on Tuesdays, 1.30 – 4pm
More information on both courses is available at http://www.bva.co.uk/become_member/1513.aspx .