Veterinary rehabilitation professionals can enhance their knowledge of treating and preventing injuries in agility, working and recreational dogs at a one-day symposium.
Fitzpatrick’s Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation for Working, Agility and Recreational Dogs (FORWARD) 2017 symposium takes place on 5 February at Epsom Downs Racecourse in Surrey.
A range of speakers will share their knowledge with owners, handlers and veterinary professionals on the concept of injury, how to prevent it and how to rehabilitate.
Vet and symposium founder Noel Fitzpatrick said: “Understanding how to bring your agility, working or even recreational dog back to top condition after an injury is so important and this unique event promises to do just that, with the world-class expertise we have on our 2017 line-up of speakers.”
The line-up includes:
- Chris Zink, consultant on canine sports medicine
- PC Ray Haggett, Metropolitan Police dog trainer and instructor
- Nick Bacon, clinical director of oncology and soft tissue at Fitzpatrick Referrals
- Nicola Way, founder of Vancouver Animal Massage
- Fiona Doubleday, rehabilitation team leader at Fitzpatrick Referrals
The symposium will run from 9am to 5:15pm and accounts for eight CPD hours, with certificates issued after the event.
Tickets cost £115 to £125 and include non-alcoholic refreshments, lunch and VAT, and can be bought on Eventbrite.
For event updates, visit the FORWARD Symposium Facebook page.