Penmellyn Vets St Columb Major Hospital in Cornwall has been named Best UK Vets 2017 thanks to its number of glowing online reviews left by clients.
The practice romped to the award, now in its fourth year, after accruing around 200 more four and five-star reviews than its nearest rival on VetHelpDirect.com and Any UK Vet during a 12-month period.
Hard work and commitment
Philip Harris, one of the partners at Penmellyn Vets, said: “We are absolutely delighted to have won this award and want to say thank you to each and every one of our clients who took the time to leave a review.
“Also, my thanks to the Penmellyn staff for their hard work and commitment to providing the outstanding customer service that has been recognised by this award. I couldn’t be more proud of them.”
The practice received 839 reviews to secure a comfortable victory ahead of last year’s winner, Blacks Vets Dudley Hospital in the West Midlands, which this year had 620 qualifying reviews to take silver.
Dunfermline Inglis Veterinary Hospital in Fife received the bronze award after 358 qualifying reviews.
The top 25 veterinary practices were extended to include a 26th this year, due to two practices receiving equal numbers of four and five-star reviews. They are:
- Penmellyn Vets St Columb Major Hospital, Cornwall
- Blacks Vets Dudley Hospital, West Midlands
- Dunfermline Inglis Veterinary Hospital, Fife
- Blacks Vets Lye Surgery, West Midlands
- St George’s Vets Wolverhampton, West Midlands
- Blacks Vets Oldbury Surgery, West Midlands
- Blacks Vets Sedgley Surgery, West Midlands
- Heathside Veterinary Surgery, Locks Heath, Hampshire
- Manor Vets Halesowen, West Midlands
- Penmellyn Vets Newquay, Cornwall
- Blacks Vets Quinton Surgery, West Midlands
- Penmellyn Vets St Austell, Cornwall
- Penmellyn Vets Pool, Cornwall
- St Anne’s Veterinary Group, Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Manor Vets Northfield, West Midlands
- Penmellyn Vets Bodmin, Cornwall
- Bilton Veterinary Centre, Rugby, Warwickshire
- City Road Veterinary Centre, Truro, Cornwall
- Penmellyn Equine Vets, St Columb Major, Cornwall
- Manor Vets Edgbaston, West Midlands
- St George’s Vets Perton, Staffordshire
- St George’s Vets Sedgley, West Midlands
- St George’s Vets Bushbury, West Midlands
- Bridgnorth Veterinary Centre, Shropshire
- St George’s Vets Stourbridge Vets 2 You mobile service
- Runnymede Hill Veterinary Hospital and Chobham Road Veterinary Surgery, Surrey/Berkshire
In addition, the Best UK Vets Category Awards acknowledge those practices that provide an exceptional service for their clients, but that may not cover as large an area or have as large a client base to accrue reviews from.
This year’s winners are:
- Best Scottish Vet 2017 – Inglis Veterinary Hospital in Dunfermline
- Best Small Practice 2017 – Heathside Vets
- Best Equine Vet 2017 – Penmellyn Equine
- Best Mobile Vet 2017 – Stourbridge Vets 2 You