With more registrations received than at the same point in any previous year, plus playing hosts to an international conference, BSAVA is bracing itself for another record breaking year at congress.
With more registrations received than at the same point in any previous year, plus playing hosts to an international conference, and offering its most varied programme yet – BSAVA is bracing itself for another record breaking year at congress.
More than 5,500 registrations have already been taken, with more coming in every day.
Inevitably, with BSAVA playing host to the WSAVA/FECAVA World Congress, the number of international delegates has also increased. Last year around 14% of delegates attended from outside this UK – this year the international proportion looks set to be nearer 24%.
With this in mind, the BSAVA Congress team has offered some tips to make sure you make the most of your time in Birmingham:
- Access the new Management Marquee from the NIA balcony to get the best management know-how from leading experts.
- Plan which lectures you want to attend in advance from the extensive veterinary streams and nursing streams
- Download the free congress app (iPhone and Android)
- More than 280 exhibitors are waiting with special offers and new launches – view the exhibitor list and plan your visit to the NIA
- DON’T FORGET – The Registration Area has moved to the NIA Box Office (upper level). However, access is only via King Edward’s Road before 10am on Thursday. See a map.
- MP3s/Podcasts – if you miss a lecture due to a timetable clash don’t worry. By the end of April BSAVA members will have access to recordings of all the congress lectures (excluding masterclasses).
- Find out more about the Small Animal Veterinary Surveillance Network (SAVSNET) on Friday morning (lodge 1&2) – and visit the BSAVA Balcony to see how you can make a difference.
- BSAVA Banquet is SOLD OUT and there is a waiting list – if you or someone you know have a ticket which will not be used, we will refund them and pass them on. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 4, 2012
- Party Night – if you are one of the lucky ones with a ticket you can order your food in advance.