Do you know someone who really goes the extra mile to improve companion animal welfare? Do you think they deserve recognition for their hard work? If the answer is yes then Ceva Animal Health UK would like to hear from you.
Do you know someone who goes the extra mile to improve companion animal welfare? Do you think they deserve recognition for their hard work? If the answer is yes, then Ceva Animal Health UK would like to hear from you.
The company has announced the launch of the Ceva Awards for Animal Welfare, to formally recognise individuals who have gone the extra mile to improve companion animal welfare both in practice and beyond.
The first awards ceremony will take place during WSAVA / BSAVA / FECAVA Congress in Birmingham in April 2012.
One prominent example of a professional who has tirelessly advocated the importance of animal welfare is Chris Laurence who, throughout his career in the veterinary industry and charitable sector, has played a key role in this field (he has been veterinary director for Dogs Trust and was chief vet at the RSPCA).
To honour Chris and celebrate his work, the Vet of the Year award is named after him.
Aimed at highlighting the educational and practical role that veterinary professionals and individuals play in preventing and reducing welfare problems, the awards will feature three categories:
- Chris Laurence Vet of the Year award – this award recognises a veterinary surgeon who is following in Chris’ footsteps by consistently demonstrating their commitment to the continued improvement of companion animal welfare.
- Welfare Nurse of the Year award – this award is for a veterinary nurse who has shown real commitment to improving and championing good companion animal welfare.
- Pet Lovers’ Welfare Award – this award is open to all individuals involved in the care of animals, whether working in practice, charities or dedicating their spare time to improving companion animal welfare.
Prizes include a trip to WSAVA 2013 in Auckland, New Zealand, for the winner of the vet award, a trip to a European animal welfare congress for the winning nurse, and £1,000 worth of travel vouchers for the winner of the Pet Lovers’ award.
Judging will be based on support materials such as case studies, examples and pictures, demonstrating the nominee’s commitment to animal welfare.
The deadline for nominations is January 27, 2012.
- For further information or to order your nomination forms, contact Ceva Animal Health on 01494 781510, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local Ceva territory manager.
- Anyone can nominate (veterinary professional, pet owner or animal lover), and those who do will be entered into a prize draw to win £250 of high street vouchers.