An online refresher course designed to keep veterinary nurses up to date on the latest microchipping requirements has been launched by the College of Animal Welfare (CAW).
Designed in response to confusion around the recent microchipping legislation changes, the distance learning course will:
- clarify legal requirements
- look at notifiable events
- give advice on processes for non-functioning microchips
- identify UK and European implantation sites
Priced at £25, the course provides 12 hours of evidenced CPD and is part of an ongoing commitment by CAW to provide meaningful, accessible CPD to the veterinary community.
CPD course tutor Sally Mitchell said: “RVNs have a professional responsibility to ensure they are fully aware and knowledgeable about the procedures they are undertaking and the advice they are giving out to clients.
“This course was developed following the recognition many VNs were seeking clarification about the changes and how this directly affects their involvement in the process.”
- To find out more about the microchipping refresher course, visit www.caw.ac.uk/refresher