Wound Management: Getting the best results for your patients
Topcliffe Close, Capitol Park, Tingley,
Veterinary nurses play an active role in the management of wounds. In order to carry out this role effectively and efficiently, a good understanding of the processes involved in wound healing is required.
During this course you will look at the management of a range of wounds including:
- Whole patient assessment and considerations
- The importance of understanding the wound healing process
- Triage and assessment of the wound patient
- Effective lavage and debridement techniques
- Which dressings are available and how to best select them
Techniques for dressing open wounds will be discussed, along with the best options for facilitating the healing of particularly difficult wounds. You will also look at the most common reasons for non-healing wounds, and how these can be addressed.
Led by renowned lecturer Louise O’Dwyer MBA BSc(Hons) VTS (Anesthesia/Analgesia & ECC) DipAVN (Medical & Surgical) RVN, this course will increase your confidence in dealing with a variety wounds.